Welcome to the Windows Phone Forum.

How to add a "pause" for phone #s with extensions?

This is a discussion on How to add a "pause" for phone #s with extensions? within the Samsung Focus forums, part of the Samsung Windows Phone Forum category; Does anyone here know how to add a pause for a phone number that has an extension? I have a couple of numbers I call ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

How to add a "pause" for phone #s with extensions?

Does anyone here know how to add a pause for a phone number that has an extension? I have a couple of numbers I call where I'm supposed to enter an extension number to talk to the one person in particular that I am trying to reach, and I'd really rather have it dial it automatically for me. Trying to remember the extension in the first place and then having to punch it in manually is so archaic, and I'd rather not do it.

TIA!

Thanks
    I just got off the phone with Samsung Support and they say that at this time the phone does not support a "pause" feature, so there currently is no way to do this. He says it might become available at some point in the future with a patch/update, but as of now, it is not possible to add a pause to a contact phone number.

Thanks
    LOL! Still under whelmed?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by minicooperwill View Post
    I just got off the phone with Samsung Support and they say that at this time the phone does not support a "pause" feature, so there currently is no way to do this. He says it might become available at some point in the future with a patch/update, but as of now, it is not possible to add a pause to a contact phone number.
    BS, what do they know - lol It is possible to automatically dial an extension after dialing a number. Ported my contacts from my old Windows phone to the Focus and ut worked the same way.

Enter the phone number in the number field, followed by 2 ,, (commas), then the extension number. Works like a champ. The commas act as a pause, 1 may work but typically 3 are too many.

l

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshor View Post
    BS, what do they know - lol It is possible to automatically dial an extension after dialing a number. Ported my contacts from my old Windows phone to the Focus and ut worked the same way.

Enter the phone number in the number field, followed by 2 ,, (commas), then the extension number. Works like a champ. The commas act as a pause, 1 may work but typically 3 are too many.

l
    Thanks Leeshor! It certainly does work like a champ. I kind of figured it was possible and the guy didn't know what he was talking about. He was probably a Crackberry user. LOL!