Welcome to the Windows Phone Forum.

Zune won't find my Samsung Focus??

This is a discussion on Zune won't find my Samsung Focus?? within the Samsung Focus forums, part of the Samsung Windows Phone Forum category; I just bought a Samsung focus. Installed Zune on my computer and connected the phone via USB. Problem is Zune continues to show "No Device ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Zune won't find my Samsung Focus??

I just bought a Samsung focus. Installed Zune on my computer and connected the phone via USB. Problem is Zune continues to show "No Device Connected".

I've rebooted and looked everyplace in Zune and on the phone to try and get it to recognize it... ? On My Computer the phone doesn't show up as a connected device either... How do I get the computer to see that the phone is connected via USB??

thanks for any insight -

Thanks
    I know on some of our computers here, it is an issue with the USB port itself. Have you tried a different USB port?

Thanks
    How old is the computer, what OS?

I also suggest a different USB port and if that one doesn't work try another if available. Most USB ports are connected in pairs internally, sometimes more than 2 on an internal HUB so trying all available ports might help. Just in case there is a problem with one of the HUBs

Thanks
    Did you add memory by an chance? I had bad experience that seems to be traced to the initial boot of the device. I added memory prior to initial boot and went directly into formatting - after formatting it started the phone without ever going through the set-up dialogue. I removed memory and did the reformat (hold camera button, volume down, and power keys - then release power key when vibrates and wait until prompted to format memory) after which I was walked through the initial phone set-up which I did not do originally. AFter that it was recognized by the computer.

I can;t say for sure if it was the original phone start-up or perhaps a conflict after adding memory that messed with the phone's internal Zune drivers. I found this out after Samsung deteremined my phone was faulty and my provider sent out a new one. Once I receive the new one I plan on connecting and setting up before adding memory - then will add memory to see if it impacts it or not.

UPDATE: Received new phone, added memory, did the hard restart per Samsung directions and phone was recognized and worked fine. Once or twice since then the phone was not recognized immediately. Each time I shut the phone off and connected the USB without turning the phone on - the phone turned on by itself and was recognized. It's definately a Windows device - occasionally reboots itself and when that happens - it seems to reset to factory defaults. Scared the heck out of me as I thought I lost the 10 gb of music on the phone, but shutting down and restarting brings everything back. Looking forward to MS update #1 to see if bugs get ironed out.
    Last edited by assman; 01-17-2011 at 04:55 PM. Reason: provide update

Thanks
    You have to restart your computer in order for Zune to work properly.

Thanks
    Try searching for and downloading Samsung phone drivers.

Thanks
    I had the same problem until I used the USB cable that came with the phone. I tryed other after market cables with no luck. I also have the cable plugged into a USB port on the back of my computer. Front ports are usually extentions and will not work for most hardware. If the cable is to short use an extension cable.
    Last edited by UB003; 02-04-2011 at 07:56 AM.