Windows 7 OS Issues
This is a discussion on Windows 7 OS Issues within the Windows Phone General Discussion forums, part of the Windows Phone Forum category; I have a few issues/challenges that I have that maybe somebody knows the answer for. I haven't found answers searching for them.
1. What is ...
Windows 7 OS Issues
I have a few issues/challenges that I have that maybe somebody knows the answer for. I haven't found answers searching for them.
1. What is microsoft's official website for support for windows 7 mobile os. I can't find one to make suggestions on or report issues.
2. I can not connect to my home wi-fi. I am using WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]. I enter the passkey as the password in the phone and it says it cannot reach the wi-fi.
3. When browsing in Internet Explorer in landscape mode, how do you access the url to change sites or bring up the favorites to switch sites. I cant seem to get either one pulling or pushing on either edge from the touch screen. I get around this on the LG Quantum since opening up the keyboard brings up the url line to change websites. One of the reasons I went with the Quantum instead of the Focus.
4. Was not aware that you can not download an app of greater than 20MB without being connect to a wi-fi. You can not download it connected to the pc and zune. Apparently they are working on this but until they fix this or I figure out #2 above I have 5 apps that are stuck in download mode. Luckily they are trials so no big deal.
5. Does anybody know if they are going to allow excel, word, and power point to be pinned to the start page like One Note?
Thanks for you help.
Last edited by Kogyr; 12-03-2010 at 11:11 PM.
wow those are some great issues to bring up glad you did, and hope you find a good 7 phone OS site because I would like it as well.
Another is the keyboard doesn't always rotate landscape. Haven't figured that out either.
It's not a bad OS , it just has some majorly quirky aspects to it, as if it was rushed to market in the most urgent way.
As for your wi-fi issue I haven't encountered that but based on what I have tested with other netbooks, systems, etc.. Try these:
1. unplugging other wireless items in your home.
2. try another wi-fi (2 or 3maybe)
3. try different channels on your router
4. remove wep or what other security you have on router just to test temporarily.
Here is the link to the MS Phone website: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphon...s/default.aspx.
There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to change the URL in landscape mode.
As for not downloading an app over 20mb over-the-air, I understand. It would gobble up large chunks of people's bandwidth. Not being able to do it connected to the computer is something they need to fix.
The MSphone website just tells you to go to your manufacturer. There is no where on there to give Microsoft feedback.
I really don't think LG is responsible for pinning excel, word and powerpoint files to the live tiles.
To change url's try pressing the Windows button in the center and speaking. I find that this works very well.
Not sure if you've resolved these yet, but I was having a similar wifi issue. Installing Windows Phone 7 Mango fixed the issue for me.
Hope this helps.
unplugging other wireless items in your home.
If you forgot windows 7 password. Don't worry about that. Windows Login Recovery will help you get windows 7 password recovery.
Windows Login Recovery is one kind of Windows password recovery tool which has great function on how to reset Windows password. With its simple operation and high quality, Windows Login Recovery is more and more popular in individuals, enterprises and government.
I introduce iam new member...i have problem with delete the video that i downloaded from youtube use the application....any suggest with this matter?tq
Search tags for this page
lg quantum landscape mode
lg quantum not connecting to wifi
lg quantum wifi issues
lg quantum wifi problem
lg quantum wifi problems
lg quantum wifi wpa2
windows phone 7 wifi wpa2
windows phone 7 wpa
windows phone 7 wpa2
windows phone wpa2
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.